Committed to creating tomorrow’s teachers today!
Do you want a career that makes all the difference? Then why not train with us? We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to the education of children.
- Passionate about their subject and how it can shape young minds.
- Hard-working, determined and a role model to young people.
One of the most empowering routes into the teaching profession is to learn with and from a team of professionals in an inspirational and dedicated Education Learning Trust. Our schools have long established links with each other and with MMU, our accredited provider.
Our Secondary School Direct programme offers you:
- A rich and varied experience of all aspects of the secondary education sector, provided by the schools within our secondary hub.
- Placements, which will allow you to experience and embrace teaching students from ages 11-18, from a wide socioeconomic and multicultural background, within comprehensive schools, academies, resourced centres and a pupil referral unit.
- Bespoke teaching placements and experience during your training, tailored to you, which will provide you with the best chance of success.
- Dedicated support and mentoring, during your training, affording you all the opportunities you need to become an outstanding professional.
SECONDARY SCHOOL DIRECT
This is a year-long school-based training programme that will lead to Postgraduate Certification (PGCE) and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). The training will be delivered jointly by MMU and by expert teachers in the Education Learning Trust.
What will this training look like?
- A main placement in a designated school from within the Alliance.
- A second contrasting school placement from within the Alliance.
- Pedagogical lectures and online learning.
- Dedicated time spent in the classroom teaching your subject.
- Subject-based mentor sessions helping you develop your practise.
- Experience of the pastoral and wider school community.
- Extracurricular activities.
- Professional Development Training Sessions.
The first benefit of School Direct is that you apply to the school, as well as the university. I was interviewed by the school – I loved this part of the application process because the power is with the schools to choose who trains with them. This allowed me to tour the school I would be training in, familiarise myself with students and staff, and meet staff members I would be directly working with. As a result, when I received the brilliant news that I could train at The Kingsway School, I didn’t feel nervous but instead felt so welcome.
N. Dean - Head of English
The training given was in-depth and covered all aspects of modern teaching. The support given to me was above and beyond every time. I was provided with high quality training, involving CPD and external courses, to help further my teaching.
J. Howarth - PE Teacher
The element of School Direct that helped me become an outstanding teacher was the mentoring process – mentors are able to offer support that goes above and beyond PGCE, as in School Direct, you are in school more and can see your mentors more.
N. Dean - Head of English
The Trust commitments to you:
- A nominated, experienced, school-based mentor.
- Regular mentor meetings that support, feedback and challenge your professional development.
- Experience across the secondary age range (11-18 years old).
- Enhanced educational theory sessions and practical advice.
- Opportunities for you to tailor and influence your own professional development.
- Accreditation is through MMU, achieved by demonstrating the meeting of teaching standards.
Want to know more?
The Education Learning Trust and Alliance partners have a wealth of strengths to offer you. As well as each school having its own distinctive strengths, the Alliance will draw upon Specialist Leaders in Education to enhance our School Direct teacher training. This unique school-based learning opportunity is built upon the fundamental relationships between the Alliance partners, the University and you.
School Direct Route - 2022/23
This year we are recruiting for English, Maths, Separate Science, French and Spanish.
Please go to the Department of Education website and search for Teaching Training. You can apply to us by following the apply for teaching training link and looking for the Education Learning Trust.
For information on bursaries attached to our School Direct Courses please go to the get into teaching website.